The reference for saltwater fishing tackle.
Today SUNSET is one of the most appreciated brands in the world when it comes to sea fishing. Many of the company’s rods and reels are legendary and have helped many fisherman win trophies in Portugal, France, Morocco and elsewhere in the world.
The “Technifibre” TC 24 toTC40 carbon blanks, reinforced carbon on spigot joints of stainless steel joints, Titanium SIC guides or FUJI SIC are just some of the materials and components the SUNSET engineers have used to build some of the best rods for sea fishing money can buy.
The SUNTY, SUNFIGHT, SUNSHARE, SUNREEF, SUNFORCE, SUCHROME, etc. range of reels all have stainless steel ball bearings, salt resistant bodies and rotor and they are designed to fight the mightiest of the fish the ocean does have. From tuna to mullaway, GT or dogtooth, queenfish, grouper, snapper- they don’t stand a chance when it comes to SUNSET gear.
- The first SUNSET carbon fiber rods are marketed allowing SERT to position itself as a leader in the world of surf-casting.
- SERT becomes the official team sponsor of the French FFPM surf-casting team and using exclusively the SUNSET rods they become 3 times in a row European champions.
1991 and 1992
- The SUNSET surf casting rods are once again FFPM World champions
- The SUNSET range now expands to include 6 different rod ranges including the world famous SUNSET Power and Special Maigre.
1994 et 1995
- SUNSET surf-casting rods are again FFPM world champions.
- Specific rods for fishing black bream are developed.
- SUNSET Silanium rods make their debut.
- SUNSET Collector rod is born. This model is still very popular with many fishermen who compete.
- SERT sponsors the French FFPM fishing team to support and develop 2 rod ranges specifically designed for major competitions.
- Mr Arnaud Van Robais buys SERT.
- SUNSET becomes a fully-fledged brand, specializing in all sea/estuary and ocean fishing from the shore, piers, rocks and boat…
- The SUNSET range expands. The release of the “Hybrid” rods allows the brand to consolidate its leading position in Spain, Tunisia, Algeria, but also to gain a foothold in the UK and Greece.
- SUNSET is now the official partner for the fishing boat championships in Anglet, France.
- SUNSET sponsors the ‘SUNSET Rose Coast trophy’ at Narbonne, France and the Menzel Horr trophy in Tunisia.